While solar panels are great investments, they are also expensive. Hence the importance of having well-maintained and clean solar panels. These solar panel cleaning tips are ideal to make that your solar panels remain spotless but also last longer.
Solar panels can clean themselves. However, they might be in some environments where they are unable to do so. Areas that are dry and have little to no rainfall can make solar panels more vulnerable to clouds of dust and other undesirable materials.
Solar Panel Cleaning Tips
The following are solar panel cleaning tips that can help you wash and maintain your solar panels.
1. Avoid using rough materials – Materials with harsh substances can damage the glass on your solar panel and leave scratches that are unremovable. There are plenty of other tools that can be used as an alternative like brushes and sponges.
2. Use safety equipment – Most solar panels that are used at home are mostly placed on rooftops, where they can get the most sunlight during the day. It is better to use safety equipment to avoid accidents when you clean your solar panels. You can always hire a professional to do it for you so you won’t have to worry about your safety.
3. Clean solar panels at the appropriate time – Cleaning your solar panels at nighttime or when the sun is beating down might make the water that you are using evaporate quickly and leave streaks of dirt. The best time to clean your panels is the early morning when dew and moisture have softened dirt, making them easier to clean.
4. Regularly clean your solar panels – Cleaning your solar panels regularly can help avoid the buildup of dirt and grime. This will depend on what type of panels you have. To know how often you should clean them, contact the manufacturer.
5. Look for a guide first – Some solar panels might have ways to clean them that might be specific to them only. So make sure to consult the manual or manufacturer before washing them to avoid potentially damaging them.
Contact Us for Dependable Solar Panel Maintenance in Ormond Beach, FL
Clean solar panels are highly important to ensure the best efficiency for your solar panel system. For solar repairs and solar maintenance in Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, DeLand, Palm Coast, and many more areas in Florida, contact Wayne’s Solar. You may reach us at 386-673-9720 for a free quote.