Having a pool in your backyard sure sounds like a lot of fun. It is very convenient especially if you feel like having fun outdoor by the pool with the whole family.
Depending on the season, water in the pool can get pretty much cold especially in the spring or winter. In states like Florida where winter is relatively mild, you can still enjoy a good dip by the pool during winter but investing in a solar pool heater can make a huge difference.
Having a solar pool heater is a way to keep the water in your pool warm while keeping your energy consumption down. Solar pool heaters store and use the heat of the sun to warm the water in the pool. Solar energy is the most abundant renewable energy source and since we would never run out of sunlight, this is by far, the most convenient way to save.
Planning to invest in a solar pool heater? Read below to know more about its many benefits.
1. Sunlight is free of charge. The heat from the sun which is free all year round. You may gather enough sunlight for an extended dip at the pool at night or during winter. When you install a solar pool heater, you are only paying for the equipment and not the energy it is using for your consumption.
2. Low operating cost. A solar pool heater does not sure fossil fuels or even electricity to operate. Since it uses just sunlight, the yearly operating cost is relatively lower than regular pool heaters. Some are not even spending any amount a year using a solar pool heater.
3. Low maintenance. Once installed, a solar pool heater can last for up to 15 years. Compared to heaters powered by gas, you can personally inspect and do the maintenance of your heaters. Checking the cartridge monthly is a must. You should determine as well if your filter needs replacement. While it is relatively easy to maintain, you may still call the service of a professional for cleaning and other check-ups.
4. Versatile. A solar pool heater can be set up anywhere. Ideally, solar panels should be set up on the roof where they can collect much sunlight. However, they can also be mounted on the ground if there is enough space. It can do wonders as well in big swimming pools.
5. Noise-free. Compared to regular heaters, a solar pool heater is generally quiet. You won’t even notice it working. This can be very convenient if you want to relax in the water without any distraction. This can be very helpful as well especially at night when the surrounding is quiet.
6. Good for the environment. Today, more and more people are trying to live an eco-conscious lifestyle for the benefit of the future generation. This is the reason why there is a sudden shift in using products that are environmentally friendly and sustainable. Solar heaters don’t have any bad environmental impact because they are using the heat from the sun, which is a form of renewable energy.
Click here to know more about Solar Pool Heating.