Solar power is one of the most popular energy choices for homeowners these days, that’s why many are wondering about how to install solar panels on roof. Is this something one can do on their own? After all, there are so many detailed instructions you can find online that can guide you from start to finish.
Truth be told, solar panels cost quite a bit to install especially if you want a large system good enough to power your entire home. So it’s understandable why some people think twice about having professionals help them out or whether they would switch to solar at all. However, you must also know that solar is a great investment. Aside from the fact that this is a green form of energy that contributes greatly to preserving Mother Earth, it can help you save a lot of money from energy bills. You can also always check financing options available to you so you can get a professional to help you with solar panel installation.
So how to install solar panels on roof? Here’s a summary of the steps a contractor has to take when installing a solar electric system.
- Clear the surroundings, clean the roof from excess debris, and set up scaffoldings.
- Solar panel mounts are installed before installing the actual solar panels.
- Wires are attached to the solar panels, which will then be connected to the solar inverter and solar battery. The solar inverter and solar battery are bonded together.
- The solar inverter will now be connected to the homeowner’s consumer unit.
- After everything is set up, the solar panel system is started and will be tested.
These are not simple steps at all and will require special tools, equipment, and knowledge to carry out. That’s why it is always highly recommended for you to call a solar contractor. One small mistake can result in a failed installation and wasted materials. So it’s better to have a licensed professional around to help you out.
Install Solar Panels in New Smyrna Beach, FL
Hopefully, the information above gave you an idea about how to install solar panels on roof. If you need assistance in solar panel installation in New Smyrna Beach, Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, St. Augustine, Jacksonville, and the surrounding areas, call Wayne’s Solar. You may reach us at 386-673-9720 for a free quote.